Early registration for the 2019 national conference is now open, but hurry – rates go up after February 5! Register here. This February 5 deadline is especially important for students who wish to sign up for reduced volunteer rates and hotel room scholarships.
Gurney’s Resort will only hold rooms at the conference rate until February 7, so it’s a good time to take care of both items at once. Please take a moment to review the following information to make your registration go more smoothly!
1. Before entering the registration system, join or renew your AWP membership at www.awpsych.org. The system will automatically “sort” you into higher non-member rates if your membership hasn’t been paid! Most attendees will find that the lower member rates will make up for the cost of membership. (Hint: If you are planning to pay by mail, do so ASAP so that you can meet the 2/5 early deadline!)
2. Registration Fees: Once in the system, you will be given a choice of categories for conference registration. Registration includes 3 breakfasts, 3 receptions including a birthday bash, Friday evening karaoke and photo booth, and Saturday evening dance and concert. You can still register online but fees will go up $10-$20 starting February 6.
3. Students: There are two ways AWP can assist you, but you must be a student member and register by February 5!
- Volunteer 4 hours during the conference in exchange for a discounted registration fee of $70. Select the registration category “Volunteer” and you will be contacted before 2/15 for an assignment at a mutually agreed upon time. Questions? Contact Ellen Halpern, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- AWP will pay 50% of your shared (2-person) room during the conference through their generous scholarship program. You must pre-pay your full cost of $35/night and indicate room nights under “Optional Selections” (see below). Do NOT reserve your own room; we have a block of rooms set aside. Space at the hotel is limited, so please register as soon as possible! We may be able to assist students who wish to stay with a non-student. Questions or special requests? Contact Donna Caldwell at email@example.com.
4. Event Information: Below each event you will find more information and choices. Please click on the box to the left of each of them to select more options, including:
- Pre-conference Training Workshops and other meetings will be held on Thursday, February 28. Several charge a separate fee and most earn APA-approved Continuing Education credits through APA Division 35. If CE credits are desired, you will see another category for payment. You do not have to register for the conference to attend training workshops.
- Early AWP members: We will be honoring those still able to be with us (and those who are not) at our Saturday birthday party. If you were part of AWP during our early years please let us know!
- RSVP for conference events: Food is expensive, so please help us plan wisely. Check off the events you anticipate attending to help us order the right amount of food! (You are still welcome to attend all events or skip them if your plans change!)
- Networking and Mentoring Lunch: The AWP Imps invite all new members to join them for a free gourmet box lunch on Friday, March 1. This year this luncheon will be cosponsored by Bryant University, and will feature a well-known local activist for women’s professional development, Kati Machtley, speaking on mentoring and networking. Returning members are welcome to join us for lunch for $15. We especially encourage mentors and early career professionals to attend!
- Donations: Please help us make this conference fully accessible with your donation. Any amount is appreciated!
- Room sharing: If you wish to take advantage of the AWP scholarships, check here to fill in dates you will be staying with us and to prepay $35/night. The coordinator will contact you regarding room assignments (you may select a roommate preference).
• Child care survey. Unfortunately, insurance costs make providing child care prohibitive, but we would appreciate your feedback for future planning. If you would like us to assist with arranging private care, please contact Kat Quina.
• Souvenirs: We are delighted to offer a range of 50th anniversary souvenirs to remember this special conference and to continue remind you what AWP means to you. Save $ and guarantee availability by preordering with your registration; your souvenir items will be waiting for you in the registration area.
Questions or problems with registration? Contact Kat Quina, firstname.lastname@example.org!